Farm Animal Veterinary Care

The team of veterinarians at our hospital serves Union City and beyond, including farm animals like cattle, goats, sheep and pigs. From routine healthcare to injury treatments and vaccinations, we offer the services for your farm animal needs to remain healthy and productive.

Request Appointment

Quality Care for Farm Animals

As a farmer or producer, you will have to ensure that your farm animals and livestock are healthy, that your profits remain stable and that your animals remain comfortable.

Our vets at Reelfoot Animal Hospital provide in-house preventive and routine services including health certificate exams and vaccinations. 

The diverse service selection at our facility helps to keep farm animals from Union City and beyond healthy. Please contact us with any questions about your specific circumstances or to book an appointment. 

Veterinary Care For Large Animals, Los Gatos Animal Hospital

Our On-Site Barn in Union City

We support farm animal patients with the facilities offered through our extensive on-site barn. 

For farm animals, we offer a chute and pen for routine care as well as a padded surgery room if more intensive care is required.

Experience in Large Animal Care

The veterinarians at Reelfoot Animal Hospital provide compassionate and expert care to farm animals, keeping an eye out for our large patients' health and safety and working with their caretakers to provide for their needs, whether they be breeders, producers farmers, or pet-owners. 

Our services for large animals include:

  • Routine exams
  • Pregnancy checks
  • Health certificates
  • Treatment for injuries
  • Routine vaccines to vaccinate herds against disease (ViraShield 6+ L5 , Utrabac 7, and Wart Vaccine)

When you bring your large animals to our facility in Union City, our vets are here to provide guidance, advice and effective diagnostics and treatment.

FAQs About Farm Animal Services

At Reelfoot Animal Hospital our vets provide care, diagnostics, prevention and treatment for farm animals including; cattle, sheep, pigs, alpacas and goats.

Here are some frequently asked questions about our services. 

  • What can I expect at a farm animal appointment?

    When examining your large animal during a routine examination at our veterinary facility, we check in on your animal's overall health and well-being. On top of the physical exam involved in this process, we will also recommend a preventive care plan that is appropriate for your animal and their lifestyle. 

    We will take time to answer questions you may have about your animals to help ensure their health and longevity.

  • Do you make farm calls?

    Yes. We make farm calls in emergency situations as well as for routine health, herd health planning, parasite preventive treatments and more. 

    If your animal is experiencing an emergency health issue during our regular hours, call Reelfoot Animal Hospital to learn more.

  • Can you assist with reproductive health needs?

    Yes. Our vets are trained in identifying, managing and monitoring reproductive health in your large animals, including:

    • Obstetrics procedures
    • Herd reproduction evaluations and management consultations 
    • Palpation to determine pregnancy and reproductive status

    In addition to all of these services, our veterinarians are able to assess the virility and suitability of your head sire to help make sure that your farm's breeding season is productive and safe. 

    If your animal is having reproductive Issues please bring them to our clinic where we have the facilities and equipment available to assist your animal.

  • Are you able to perform surgery?

    Our veterinarians offer a host of services for our farm animal patients. These include:

    • Castration
    • Dehorning
    • Growth removal
    • Calf hernia repairs
    • C-sections on cows/goats

    Ask our vets about how we can help to treat health issues and injuries affecting one or more of your farm animals.

    Contact Us Today

  • Can you provide health certificates?

    When you are moving animals across state lines or between countries, it isn't ever just as simple as hitching your trailer up and driving. A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) is required and our vets are certified to provide health certificates for farm animals.

    When moving animals across state lines, or internationally, a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) is required. Our vets are certified to provide health certificates for farm animals.

    • All animal(s) must be inspected by a veterinarian within the last 10 days to issue CVI.
    • CVI is valid for 30 days from the date of animal inspection.
    • Additional testing or criteria may be required by individual states or events. It is important that you verify this prior to scheduling your veterinary visit.
    • We require a minimum of two days' notice prior to issuing a CVI.

    Meet Our Vets

« Go Back